Healthy Recipe of the Month
At Living It Yoga we are all about feeding the Body, Mind and Soul - and that includes enjoying food that is both full of nutrients and deliciously tasty, too. Please find below our suggestion for a simple, tasty recipe to make and enjoy at home!
What about some tasty fish cakes this month? I usually use left over salmon and left over potatoes... economical as well as delicious. However any fish would do
Salmon Fish Cakes... my favourite!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 lb(225g) cooked salmon flaked
- 1lb (450g) potatoes, mashed
- 1oz (25g) butter
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk or beaten egg to bind
- 1 egg beaten to coat
- dry breadcrumbs
- fat for frying
- Mash the potatoes with the butter. Mix in the fish, parsley, salt and pepper, binding if necessary with a little milk or egg.
- Form the mixture into a rollon a floured board, cut into 8 slices and shape the cakes. Coat them with egg and crumbs.
- Fry in hot fat (deep or shallow) until crisp and golden. Drain well...
- Serve with a tossed salad or on their own with a pickle, tomato sauce or mayonnaise.